Let's get real here. Pumpkin is Queen at this time of year and who doesn't want to enjoy the delicious taste of autumn with a healthy recipe like this? Baking can be just as fun as cooking to experiment with flavours, texture and design however most people avoid baking because it can be tricky. This recipe is super easy and versatile, (spoiler alert for a future blog post) and I just hope you love these dense and moist muffins as much as I do. Pumpkin for the win!!
Now let's get baking!
Perfect Pumpkin-Apple Muffins
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tsp chai spice or cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup sweet small pieces of cubed apples
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs or 2 flax-eggs*
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Line muffin pan with muffin paper cups.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients together and break up any lumps.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin with all of the wet ingredients and sugar. Add apples last and gently fold into the batter.
4. Mix all ingredients together. If the dough is too wet add a little more almond flour.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full then Bake for 25 minutes
6. Pierce with a toothpick to check if the muffins are cooked through thoroughly. A clean toothpick means your muffins are done!
*How to make 1 flax-egg: 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 1 tbsp water.
Mix, and set aside for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add to the wet ingredient bowl to substitute for eggs.
Recipe credit to Jerusha Francisco
Please see our SCHEDULE HERE. Doors are open for 30 minutes prior to all scheduled classes and events.
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 12:00pm & 2:00pm-8:00pm
Friday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturdays - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Sundays - 9:00am- 12:00pm & 6:30pm-8:30pm
PLEASE NOTE: Hours may change on Holidays and Stat Holidays.
*** Please note that these hours are only for when the front door is open where you can chat with our front desk staff, shop our boutique or sign up for classes. We do offer classes outside of the hours listed, please see our schedule for more information.***
Buy passes & Shop from your electronic device! You can set up your account, purchase Gift Cards, class packages, memberships, workshops and programs from our online store.
40 "E" Elizabeth Street, Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
PO Box 1409, Okotoks, Alberta, Canada T1S 1B4
We are located in Olde Towne Okotoks, at 40 "E" Elizabeth Street directly across from the Dit & Dat & Balance Dance studio
ALTERNATE ROUTES FOR ROAD CLOSURES
Click here for google maps