* The ability to lead organic, heart led, sustainable, safe, effective, progressive and functional yoga classes to large or small groups.
*Clarity on what a sacred container of presence looks and feels like, and the transformative power of cultivating that in every yoga class you teach.
* A non hierarchical study environment where the group and teachers alike contribute to the growth and learning for all through shared experience, shared responsibility and shared vulnerability.
* Illumination is a core outcome from our trainings, shining light into the shadow places which imprison us from being real and living in integrity with ourselves and others.
* An understanding and ability to connect with all 8 limbs of yoga through direct, accessible study and practice with immense support and accountability to showing up for yourself and your fellow learners.
* Living in awareness moment to moment comes from this work. Waking up to habits that help or hinder access to our true Self, and tools to deconstruct and alchemize troublesome patterns.
* Capacity to be real and have the courage to be present in the not-knowing and to hold space for your authentic realness to boldly be lived day to day, on the mat and off.
* Trust in your intuitive nature and skills. ‘Knowing’ that is owned by trust comes from a deeper place than the cognitive mind. You will learn to know through being, and learn to see from this place and make decisions in alignment with this realness.
* Direction for your teaching path, with education and awareness of inclusivity, business building, ethics, reverence for yoga, and niching.
* Initiation into the sacredness of ritual and ceremony. You will grow a tribe for life where love and truth are the highest vows and presence is the gift you receive and offer each other.
Here is what you will learn:
There are no physical prerequisites to attend this training. All levels of yoga practitioners are welcome. All we ask that you are open and willing to learn and explore with program with us.
Lindsay's relationship with yoga was born in 2000, as she was recovering from a lower back injury. Through a consistent yoga practice, her back began to feel better, but more potent for her was how much connection she felt in her body and breathing. Through an immersive study of yoga philosophy, she began to look at many areas of her life, and recognized how powerful it was to take yoga off the mat and into daily living. It was here that her yoga practice really became a ‘life practice’, and living consciously became her mission. Through daily self-reflection, journaling, meditation, studying and truth seeking, she felt an internal awareness emerge that brought wisdom. She believes this intuition is a gift, illuminated through practice and devotion, and she felt compelled to help others discover it too.
In 2006, Lindsay completed a 250 hour, Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training program through the Ashtanga Yoga Shala in Victoria, BC, and began teaching throughout the city of Victoria, including the University and the Victoria Police Department.
In 2015, Lindsay completed her IAYT accredited Yoga Therapy Certification Program with Susi Hately’s Functional Synergy, an internationally recognized school for Yoga Therapeutics. She is certified in Rhythmic Movement Levels 1 and 2 and in 2017, she completed a two-year immersive study program with Deborah Adele in Samkhya Yoga Philosophy and Mind study.
Lindsay has been drawn to the healing modalities her whole life, pursuing anatomy and psychology since childhood. With a biology and health psychology focus in university, Lindsay taught anatomy as a way to deepen her skills and her understanding of the human body. Post-graduate work kept Lindsay at the University of Victoria, where she worked in Recreation and Health as a Program Coordinator alongside teaching yoga, functional fitness, and TRX classes.
Lindsay is the co-owner of Fierce Martial Arts Studio & FierceHeart Yoga Therapeutic, a member of faculty with the Canadian Institute of Therapeutic Yoga, and a volunteer with The Arthritis Society (TAS). In working with the TAS, she supports the provision of education and resources for those learning to manage their diagnosis, and provides yoga support. As someone who lives with Ankylosing Spondylitis herself, she personally knows the challenges of living with chronic pain.
Lindsay believes that the body holds deep wisdom, and that a profound ability to heal arises when we align appropriately with our own needs. She believes it is awakened awareness that opens the doorway towards healing. Her classes engage students from the inside out - considering not just the physical, but all of the aspects that affect how we are in our bodies and minds. So much of how we move comes from what we think about ourselves and how we approach life.
Her teaching style is gentle but firm, inquisitive, and always encourages self-responsibility, self-advocacy and inquiry. Lindsay’s mission is to get people more connected, helping them to feel seen, safe, and supported, while waking up curiosity and awareness. It is one that prioritizes compassion and love as fundamental to truly healing. She provides students with a sacred space, a foundation to grow and feel, and a powerful platform from which you can build towards any physical, spiritual or wellness aspirations you may have.
Yvonna Werkman - bio coming soon
REGULAR SHOPPING HOURS
Studio is open 15 minutes prior to every class.
Please see our SCHEDULE HERE. Doors are open 15 minutes prior to all scheduled classes and events.
You can set up your account, purchase Gift Cards, class packages, memberships, workshops and programs from our online store.
We are located in Olde Towne Okotoks, at 40 "E" Elizabeth Street directly across from the Dit & Dat & Balance Dance studio